The One West Florissant steering committee is composed of residents, business owners, educational leaders, and city representatives from Dellwood, Ferguson, and Jennings. The steering committee carried out a series of community engagement events with support from the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership, Rise, Urban Strategies, and the Community Builders Network. Conversations were held within Dellwood, Ferguson, and Jennings from July 2018 through January 2019 to develop a community improvement organization focused on the West Florissant corridor and surrounding communities.
Stakeholders in the three municipalities recommended that the steering committee explore existing organizations that could become a place-based community improvement organization to fulfill this need before creating a new organization. The One West Florissant steering committee formed a working group to lead a request for qualifications process to identify an organization to carry forward community economic development in the focus footprint. Below is a request for qualifications that describes expectations of applicants and the mission, vision, values, and goals the community would like to see an organization incorporate into their existing organizational commitments. For further background information on the One West Florissant initiative, visit onewestflorissant.com.
The One West Florissant initiative working group seeks an organization that will:
- Adopt the community’s mission, vision, values, and goals that emerged from stakeholder engagement in 2018 and 2019
- Add community and economic development activities along and around the West Florissant Corridor to their organizational purpose, by-laws, and strategic path
- Commit to be the lead catalyst and community champion for the footprint for up to three consecutive years
- Work with the One West Florissant initiative working group to develop a six month work plan
- Involve stakeholders (residents, business owners, and other leaders) in governance and direction setting for community improvement initiatives
Send application materials, hard copy or email, to Howl Bean II at the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership by 5:00 PM on Friday May 31, 2019.
St. Louis Economic Development Partnership
Attn: Howl Bean II
7733 Forsyth Blvd. Suite 2200 St. Louis, MO 63105
Main 314-615-7663 | Direct 314-615-7722
Email: [email protected]