Community Investment Fund Application
The St. Louis County Port Authority’s Community Investment Fund supports economic and community development projects that advance or align with one or more of investment priority areas listed below. Examples are intended to be illustrative.
1) Business Retention & Expansion, which may include, programs that offer
- Loan products or funds that fill gaps in available capital
- Workforce development programs for in demand jobs
- Supporting international market expansion for local businesses
2) Neighborhood Economic and Community Development, which may include programs to address
- Repositioning vacant and under-utilized properties (often retail sites)
- Neighborhood infrastructures improvements
- Planning/feasibility studies
- Community planning/organization
- Neighborhood stabilization
3) Entrepreneurship programs, which may include
- Supporting small business development, especially expanding opportunities for minority and neighborhood-based businesses
- Fostering innovation ecosystem development, such as financing, business technical assistance or facilities/infrastructure.
4) Real Estate Development/Redevelopment, including
- Brownfield Redevelopment
- Site acquisition and assemblage
- Site preparation (pre-development – A/E, demo, infrastructure)
5) Targeted Industry Sector Support (based on County or Regional strategic priorities
The Port prioritizes projects that increase economic opportunity for historically underserved individuals and/or benefit underserved or economically distressed communities.
Funds for the St. Louis County Port Authority Community Reinvestment Fund are provided through rental payments received from Penn National Gaming, Inc. for the lease of the ground where River City Casino is located.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FUNDING
Applications for the current grant cycle are due by 5:00 p.m., September 22, 2023
Applications may be submitted electronically to [email protected] or in hard copy at the offices of the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership.
Funding decisions are anticipated in late 2023
Watch the Community Investment Fund Information Session here.
In addition, please see our answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Additional questions may be submitted at [email protected]