The STL Partnership CDC (the “CDC”) is a Missouri nonprofit corporation in good standing organized pursuant to Chapter 355 of the Revised Statutes of Missouri for the purposes, among others, of promoting economic development in St. Louis County, Missouri, and the surrounding regions. CDC is certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration (“SBA”) to act as a Certified Development Company in order to administer the SBA 504 loan program in Missouri and eight nearby Illinois counties. The CDC is provided staff by the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership.
The CDC issues this Request for Qualifications (the “RFQ”) for qualified legal professional services firms to review SBA closing files and issue opinion letters regarding the same (the “Services”). It is anticipated that the CDC will identify a short list of qualified firms to provide the Services on an as-needed basis for up to a three-year period, ending January 2027.
See the full RFQ here.
Scope of Services
The successful firm’s Services to be furnished pursuant to this RFQ shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The successful firm shall provide an attorney to review U.S. Small Business Administration closing files under the SBA 504 loan program and issue opinion letters regarding the same.
- The attorney must have SBA designated closing counsel classification.
- The attorney’s schedule must allow for meeting a strict deadline for loans to move forward to funding.
- The attorney must be a member in good standing of the Missouri Bar and/or the Illinois Bar.
- The successful firm must carry professional malpractice insurance coverage with limits of at least $1,000,000/$1,000,000.
Submission of Responses
Qualification submittals will be accepted throughout the 2023-2024 calendar years. However, to ensure your firm is considered, please submit your firm’s qualifications as soon as possible. The initial review of qualifications for inclusion on the Qualified List will begin after Thursday, December 21, 2023, at 3 PM CT.
RFQ Newspaper Advertisement Thursday, November 30, 2023
Review of Qualifications Begins Thursday, December 21, 2023
Electronic submissions should be in PDF format and sent by email to [email protected].
STL Partnership CDC
c/o St. Louis Economic Development Partnership
Attn: Missy DeMarco
120 S. Central Ave., Suite 200
St. Louis, Missouri 63105