The St. Louis Sister Cities Program is part of the World Trade Center St. Louis’ international mission. Sanctioned by Sister Cities International, the local program supports and coordinates the 15 sister cities programs and provides guidance for those interested in establishing new sister cities relations.
Sister Cities International is a nonprofit, city-to-city network inspired by President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s expressed belief in 1956 that citizen diplomacy might reduce the chance of future world conflict. Today, more than 2,200 cities in more than 90 countries participate. The organization advances peace and prosperity through cultural, educational, humanitarian and economic development exchanges, empowering private citizens, civic and business leaders to establish city, county or state relationships with like cities worldwide.
Whether your interests are business or cultural, Sister Cities offers a number of opportunities to get involved:
- Connect with international business contacts
- Increase awareness of other cultures
- Host international families, visitors and students
- Volunteer locally and globally
- Make mutually beneficial relations in economic development, education, art, culture, medicine and sports
- Showcase St. Louis as an international city
Our Sister Cities: