$500 discretionary grants
The St. Louis County Port Authority is sponsoring the Small Business Resource Discretionary Grant Program through the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership. This new St. Louis County program will give $500 discretionary grants to help sole proprietors, contract workers, gig workers, 1099 workers, and other businesses who do not qualify for our Small Business Resource Program (SBRP).
The grant program is only available to businesses in St. Louis County and has a preference for businesses in distressed areas in the Promise Zone area in North County and Lemay in South County to help businesses lessen the burden of paying for rent or even for groceries to help them get through this crisis.
Qualifying businesses include:
- Sole proprietors
- Independent Contractors
- 1099 Contractors
- LLC Entities with Revenue under $1 million
- Businesses in operation for at least six months -October 2019
- In good standing with SOS
- Current on personal and business taxes
- Preference given to businesses operating in the St. Louis County portion of the Promise Zone and Lemay
Sample business types included but not limited to gig workers, artist, therapist, hairstylist, and other service-oriented businesses.