Scope of Services
The successful attorney(s) or law firm(s) will work with HRIF staff to provide the Services. The successful attorney or law firm must carry professional malpractice insurance coverage. The Services to be provided pursuant to this RFP include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Drafting and closing Qualified Equity Investments and Qualified Low-Income Community Investments (“QLICI”);
• Assisting with underwriting needs, including qualifying projects, structuring transactions, and issuing term sheets;
• Modifying QLICI documents as needed due to unforeseen qualified active low-income community business (“QALICB”) operations;
• Preparing and reviewing documents for future QLICI exits;
• Assisting with HRIF’s organizational documents and board resolutions, as needed;
• Providing general strategic advice regarding structuring NMTC projects;
• Assisting with any CDE compliance matters with the CDFI Fund; and
• Assisting with any other NMTC related tasks and program requirements, as mutually agreed upon.
The successful attorney(s) or law firm(s) shall represent the HRIF and provide the Services related to the 2020 Award; HRIF’s previous qualifying projects, which includes scheduled exits from five (5) NMTC deals in 2022; and any future NMTC awards within the relevant time period, up to three years. Please note that HRIF will consider proposals from firms able to provide expertise in some or all of the Services identified above. HRIF reserves the right to select multiple firms. As a result, all interested firms are encouraged to submit proposals, even if a particular firm is not able or interested to provide the entire scope of services.
View full RFP here.
Submission of Proposals
To be considered, proposals must be received no later than 3PM CST on Friday, November 19, 2021. Proposals received after the deadline identified above may not be considered.
Notice of RFP Published: Thursday, October 28, 2021
Questions Submitted by: Monday, November 8, 2021
Questions Answered: Wednesday, November 10, 2021
Submission of Proposals by: Friday, November 19, 2021
Questions about this RFP may be sent by email to [email protected]. Any answers to questions will be provided to all interested parties and will be released as an addendum to this RFP on the Partnership’s website, https://stlpartnership.com/rfp-rfq/, after the date indicated above.
Electronic proposals should be sent by email to [email protected].
St. Louis Economic Development Partnership
Attn: Howl Bean II
7733 Forsyth Blvd., Suite 2200
St. Louis, Missouri 63105