The St. Louis Economic Development Partnership (the “Partnership”) is a nonprofit corporation, established under Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code for the purpose of promoting and developing industry, commerce, and economic development in St. Louis County and the City of St. Louis, creating high-quality business and employment opportunities, and enhancing the quality of life by advancing long-term, diversified growth throughout the St. Louis region. The Partnership provides services for both the City of St. Louis and St. Louis County.
The Partnership issues this Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for a qualified firm or firms to facilitate a ten-year review and an economic impact analysis of the Partnership’s activities and to develop a report detailing the results (the “Services”). The Partnership encourages collaboration among various service providers that may have unique strengths and experiences in certain disciplines necessary for the successful completion of the project described in this RFP. The Partnership, in its discretion, may select separate respondents for various components of the Services.
Scope of Services
Pursuant to this RFP, the Services shall include, but are not limited to, the following components:
1. Consultant shall build on previous work completed to develop an economic impact report for the Partnership for the ten-year period from August 2013 to present. The consultant may advise if additional aspects to the scope of services should be included, but, minimally, the successful consultant shall perform the following tasks:
• Review previous strategic plans for the Partnership and determine actual accomplishments against the goals established therein;
• Review the actual performance of the Partnership as detailed in documentation provided by Partnership staff;
• Review materials from prior interviews with stakeholders and staff, which will be provided by the Partnership;
• Perform new interviews with stakeholders and staff, as needed/directed; and
• Compile all information from above tasks and perform an economic impact analysis of the same.
o The tasks outlined above should capture the Partnership’s leadership role in significant events during the ten-year review period. By way of example, those events may include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following: (a) activities to support Ferguson, MO in 2014; (b) activities from 2020 to present to support the St. Louis region during the COVID-19 Pandemic; (c) activities to support and promote the St. Louis Promise Zone; (d) work to establish a non-stop flight to Europe from St. Louis Lambert International Airport; and (e) various leadership roles in regional grant applications, such as the Build Back Better Regional Challenge, which required regional collaborations to support the Advanced Manufacturing Innovation Center in north St. Louis and will provide beneficial down-stream impacts throughout the St. Louis region.
See full RFP here.
Proposals Due By:
3:00 PM CST on Tuesday, March 28, 2023
St. Louis Economic Development Partnership
ATTN: Howl Bean II
7733 Forsyth Blvd., Suite 2200
St. Louis, Missouri 63105