World Trade Center of St. Louis (WTC) has issued a request for proposals for Indian Outreach Consultant (part-time). The WTC issues this Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for the services of an Indian outreach consultant. This contract will be on an off-site, part-time consulting basis, called “St. Louis Mosaic Project Indian Outreach Consultant.” This contract is for a term of six (6) months, beginning February 6, 2023, and ending August 6, 2023, with an option to renew for additional six (6)-month terms as agreed.
Scope of Services
Pursuant to this RFP, the successful candidate shall work with WTC staff to provide services including, but not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Develop talking points about the Indian community to be shared at key events throughout the year, for both Indian organizations and for the general community;
- Give direction to a group of young Indian leaders (to be established early 2023 through Mosaic leadership) who will design and populate data for a brochure about the assets available to the
Indian community and create an Indian-specific portal within the Mosaic website;
- This web area will include data, a calendar of events, information on holidays and stories about a range of Indian leaders.
- Attend a range of Indian events with a Mosaic booth to share information and collect insights, based on relationships within the Indian community;
- Be the liaison to a university that will develop a student project;
- The project will develop a data set about the demographics of the community and find/design maps of Indian living and working patterns in the region.
- Interface with the top fifteen sports, cultural, and educational organizations in the St. Louis region to assist the development of Indian-themed events for the benefit of both the Indian and general communities;
- Set up a unique “St. Louis Welcome Matching Program” with at least one family from each state within India as the agreed-upon “Welcome Family” to offer newcomers from that state a friendly welcome;
- Explore with civic leaders the possibility of a downtown Indian festival/race/celebration to engage both the Indian and general community in 2024; and
- Advise Mosaic leadership on additional corporate and artistic opportunities to give support and/or build awareness of the Indian community.
The successful candidate shall report to the Executive Director of Mosaic. The candidate shall synthesize information from several sources to understand, identify, and address any Indian community needs.
Proposals Due by:
Wednesday, January 18, 2023, at 5:00 PM CST
World Trade Center-St. Louis
c/o St. Louis Economic Development Partnership
ATTN: Betsy Cohen
120 S. Central, Suite 1200
Clayton, Missouri 63105