OPEN REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES FROM MBE AND WBE FIRMS
In an effort to be more equitable and inclusive in the contracting process, the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership, with its affiliated entities (collectively, the “Partnership”), issues this open request for qualifications from MBE and WBE firms (as defined in Exhibit A) for various projects initiated during calendar year 2021. The Partnership seeks to be more intentional and deliberate in connecting to diverse firms as it works to advance economic opportunities for all businesses in the St. Louis region.
Recently, both the City of St. Louis and St. Louis County passed legislation to establish standards for minority participation in their public contracting procedures. The Board of Directors for the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership has adopted similar standards for the Partnership’s procurement of contracts. In order to increase the equity of its contracting processes, the Partnership seeks to establish a directory of qualified MBE and WBE professional services/consulting firms. Firms included in this directory will be notified of every contract opportunity that the Partnership advertises during calendar year 2021.
The Partnership seeks qualifications from MBE and WBE firms with expertise and experience that includes, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Architectural design and consulting services;
- Planning, landscape architecture and urban design services;
- Engineering services (including but not limited to civil and mechanical, electrical and plumbing specializations);
- Environmental consulting/engineering services (including but not limited to assessment, remedial design and site remediation/cleanup services);
- Environmental site assessment (including but not limited to lead and asbestos environmental clean-up);
- Geotechnical services;
- Traffic generation and assessment analysis;
- Building inspection services;
- General contracting/construction;
- Construction cost estimating;
- Construction management/oversight;
- Land surveying;
- Economic and community development consulting (economic/market research and studies, incentives/tax analyses, appraisals, existing conditions analysis, and community assessment and outreach);
- Strategic planning (includes organizational development, SWOT analysis, and long-term goal planning);
- Real estate consulting (strategic facilities planning and space planning/programming);
- Property acquisition and relocation services;
- Financial consulting services in the areas of, but not limited to, loan packaging and loan servicing, tax exempt and taxable bond financing, joint venture equity, and mezzanine or other forms of debt and equity financing;
- Mentoring/consulting services in the areas of, but not limited to, human resources, risk management, information technology, financial management, sales training, marketing and legal;
- Marketing/communications (PR, electronic marketing, news story development, and ads);
- Multi-lingual translation and interpretation services;
- International trade consulting and research services (trade commodity flows, market research and development, business planning, and compliance including legal and financial);
- International diplomatic, trade, and economic development consulting;
- Project management consulting services (includes project development, advocacy, and political outreach);
- Legal services in all areas of specialization, including but not limited to, corporate law, contract negotiations and transactional support, immigration, legislation, incentive analysis and negotiations, environmental law, land use and eminent domain, real estate law, public finance transactions (incentives analysis and public funding mechanisms/bonds, and business finance) and litigation;
- Any and all specialty services pertaining to the establishment and operation of the U.S. Citizen & Immigration Service EB5 program or EB5 Regional Centers to include but not limited to immigration legal counsel, corporate and securities legal counsel, economic analysis, business plan writing, marketing, web design and maintenance, and international marketing and securities brokerage;
- Information Technology services (including but not limited to selection, design and maintenance of the Partnership’s database(s) to meet organizational reporting needs, website design, maintenance and hosting, and other related audio/visual and related technology services);
- Tax, auditing and accounting services;
- Grant writing services;
- Custodial and janitorial services; and/or Waste management services.
The Partnership actively encourages submission of qualifications from disadvantaged business enterprises and companies owned by minorities, women, immigrants and veterans. The Partnership does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, or veteran status in considering any response or contract. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submission of Qualifications
Firms must identify in their submittal which category or up to four (4) categories of services they are qualified to provide. Qualification submittals should provide resumes for key staff members,
profile a sampling of projects that the firm has worked on in the past, and disclose MBE/WBE/DBE status as applicable. Please also include size and scale information in addition to current workforce and insurance/bonding capacity. Firms should designate a contact person and provide that individual’s contact information including email address.
Please also specific any certifications that your firm may have. Certification is not required prior to submission; however, it may be completed at: https://www.flystl.com/business/business-diversity-development-1/get-certified.
Qualification submittals will be accepted at any time throughout the 2021 calendar year. However, to ensure your firm is notified of each contract opportunity offered by the Partnership during the 2021 calendar year, please submit your firm’s qualifications as soon as possible.
Please submit one PDF copy of statement of qualifications to:
St. Louis Economic Development Partnership
Attn: Dana Cook
(A) Minority Business Enterprise (“MBE”) – A business owned, operated, and controlled by Minority Group Members who have at least fifty-one percent (51%) of the ownership of the business. Such Minority Group Members must have day-to-day operational and managerial control of the business and an interest in capital and earnings of the business commensurate with their percentage of ownership of the business.
(B) Women Business Enterprise (“WBE”) – A business owned, operated, and controlled by a woman or women who have at least fifty-one percent (51%) of the ownership of the business. Such woman or women must have day-to-day operational and managerial control of the business and an interest in capital and earnings of the business commensurate with their percentage of ownership of the business.
(C) Minority Group Members – Minority Group Members shall include, but are not limited to, members of the following:
(1) “Black Americans,” which includes persons having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa;
(2) “Hispanic Americans,” which includes persons of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Dominican, Central or South American, or other Spanish or Portuguese culture or origin, regardless of race;
(3) “Native Americans,” which includes persons who are American Indians, Eskimos, Aleuts, or Native Hawaiians;
(4) “Asian-Pacific Americans,” which includes persons whose origins are from Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea, Burma (Myanmar), Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia (Kampuchea), Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Brunei, Samoa, Guam, the U.S. Trust Territories of the Pacific Islands (Republic of Palau), the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands, Macao, Fiji, Tonga, Kiribati, Tuvalu, Nauru, Federated States of Micronesia, or Hong Kong; and
(5) “Subcontinent Asian Americans,” which includes persons whose origins are from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, the Maldives Islands, Nepal, or Sri Lanka