Funded through a grant from the St. Louis County CARES Act
Small Business Rapid Deployment Fund
St. Louis County has established a Small Business Rapid Deployment Fund to assist small businesses that have been severely impacted by COVID-19. Funded through a grant from the St. Louis County CARES Act, this fund is being administered by the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership (STLPartnership). Information about the program and the application can be found below.
- $5,000 grants to small businesses impacted by COVID for operating expenses or business costs, including rent and payroll
- Restaurants may also use their $5,000 grant to cover purchases necessary to adapt to COVID-related public health restrictions, such as equipment for outdoor dining, heaters, tents, curbside service
- Expenses and costs must be incurred between April 1, 2020 and December 16, 2020
- Detailed description of expenses will be required at time of application
Applications Deadline: 5:00pm – Monday, December 7, 2020 or earlier if grant funds are depleted
- 25 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees. Employee count is per applicant not per location. Applicants may be required to provide additional documentation of the employee count.
- Must have a physical business location (owned or leased) in St. Louis County.
- Businesses that received a County CARES Act grant are not eligible.
- Must be current on all County taxes.
- Must have been significantly impacted by the continued economic challenges created by COVID-19.
- Receipt of a PPP or EIDL loan or any other funding related to COVID-19 does NOT disqualify a business from receiving a Small Business Rapid Deployment grant. However, expenditures previously reimbursed from any other funding source, including insurance reimbursements, cannot be reimbursed again by this funding. This grant cannot duplicate other federal benefits received.
- Cannot discriminate on any basis per St. Louis County ordinances.
- Certain types of businesses will not be eligible, see the list below.
Several documents needed to complete the application must be digitally signed. The simplest way to electronically sign documents is to use an Adobe application like Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not currently have access to Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free from the Adobe website.
Once you have downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader, please read these instructions on how to easily complete and sign your documents
- Documents needed to submit the application include:
- Copy of paid business-related personal and real property taxes from St. Louis County
- Current proof of status of good standing with Missouri Secretary of State
- Completed and signed Form W-9
- Completed and signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Completed and signed Exhibit A – Certification to the Federal government, St. Louis County and St. Louis Economic Development Partnership that listed expenses have been incurred between April 1 and December 16, 2020 as a direct result of COVID-19
- Completed Exhibit B – This form will download at the bottom of your screen.
- Expenditures Tracking Spreadsheet listing detail of all purchases or expenditures to be reimbursed with the Small Business Rapid Deployment Grant
- Please note: You are not required to submit receipts or proof of payment at this time. However, that documentation must be retained and available for audit for at least five years from the date of award (through December 2025).
- Completed and signed ACH Credit Authorization form granting permission for SLEDP to make a one time direct deposit if award is approved
- Complete and submit the application below. Please note: Submission of the application does not guarantee approval or funding.
Applications Deadline: 5:00pm – December 7, 2020 or earlier if grant funds are depleted
Many of your frequently asked questions may be found by clicking here.
If you still have questions, beginning on Monday, November 23rd, there will be a hotline open for questions about the program or the application process – 314-615-1777.
Entities that are not eligible to receive funds:
- Any business that received a grant from the St. Louis County CARES Small Business Relief Fund
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Churches & Religious Organizations
- Banks & Financial Institutions
- Accounting/CPA Firms
- Law Firms & Attorneys
- Physicians, Dentists, Surgeons, Optometrists, Chiropractors, & Veterinarians
- Insurance Brokers & Agents
- Real Estate Brokers & Sales Agents
- Property Management Services
- Architects, Engineers, & Land Surveyors
- Nursing Homes
- Daycare Facilities
- Hotels, Motels, and Bed & Breakfasts (including Air B&B)